> Hello, all.
>
> I am successfully running a qmail, Courier-IMAP, vpopmail(v 5.3.19), MySql
> (compiled with --enable-many-domains=y), and squirrelmail installation.  I
> want to use vconvert to convert a shadow password file into a MySql DB.
> The docs on this procedure are a little skimpy so I hope someone will
> confirm a couple of things for me.  First, does it work, and can I be
> secure that I won't hose my current DB?  Second, what is the exact syntax
> to convert all the users in the shadow password file into the DB with the
> proper xxxxx.com extention?
>
> Thanks for the help, all.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Kenneth D. Johnson

Your shadow file won't contain the domain information will it?
I had this same scenario when converting from a sendmail install to
qmail/vpopmail/mysql.

I didn't use vconvert or http://www.enderunix.org/vpwd2sql/. I have a three
step process that worked very well for me if :

a - you have a list of domains.
b - you know what users belong to what domain.

I can detail it off-list if you're interested.

Jason