I started blocking connections to my mail server from servers who don't have DNS and my vpopmail and qmailadmin list traffic stopped. After a day of no messages, I determined that by then I really *should* have had some messages arrive. I removed my DNS checks and voila, mailing list messages started flowing in.
Someone at Inter7 ought to have a look at that. Ken? Vol?
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/log/mail/smtp # dig ns1.inter7.com. ;; ANSWER SECTION: ns1.inter7.com. 2d23h56m3s IN A 184.108.40.206
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/log/mail/smtp # dig -x 220.127.116.11
; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> -x ;; res options: init recurs defnam dnsrch ;; got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 2 ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 ;; QUERY SECTION: ;; 18.104.22.168.in-addr.arpa, type = ANY, class = IN
Delivered-To: mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Received: (qmail 60493 invoked by uid 85); 27 Mar 2003 14:15:27 -0000
Received: from [EMAIL PROTECTED] by cadillac.mi.us by uid 89 with qmail-scanner-1.15 (spamassassin: 2.44. Clear:SA:0(-0.5/10.0):. Processed in 1.900033 secs); 27 Mar 2003 14:15:27 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO ns1.inter7.com) (22.214.171.124) by matt-serv2.cdlc.mi.voyager.net with SMTP; 27 Mar 2003 14:15:25 -0000