> > > Hi baby_moon, > > > > > A user's quota is 1M, and some mails are in its Inbox, and I > was > checked > > > its directory, the maildirsize file is there. > > > When I changed this user's quota to 3M, after a mail come in, > the > > > quota's total number is same as before. Who knows how to solve > this problem? > > > > It's not a problem; you're simply mixing things up. The > maildirsize > file doesn't show the quota setting of a user, but the _actual size_ > of the Maildir, so changing the quota doesn't affect the maildirsize > file in any way. > > > > The quota setting of each user is saved in the vpasswd file. > > > > Jonas > > > > > > One more note on this. > > vpopmail uses user quotas as specified in the vpopmail > password entry, not the maildirsize file. > > courier and other maildir++ quota compliant code uses > the quota as specified in the maildirsize file. > > So if you change the quota via qmailadmin or vpopmail utilities, it > will update the quota in the password entry. This is what > vpopmail uses to enforce the quota, not the one in maildirsize. > > If you just "remove" the maildirsize file, it will automatically be > recreated (with the proper quota in it). > > So it may be worth a patch to update the utility that updates > the quota to also remove the maildirsize file for that user. > > Brian > > >
Exactly, I found that use vsetuserquota to set user quota will remove maildirsize file. But I use vqadmin for modify user quota, and it doesn't remove maildirsize file. I modified vqadmin, add same code of vsetuserquota to vqadmin. Now the problem is solved already. Thank u for ur comments.