On Tuesday 01 April 2003 12:54, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> When i get mails via POP, my "tcp.smtp.cdb" file is been
> regenerated and is containing the correct IPs. The IPs wich
> shall be open for relay until clearopensmtp removes the entries
> a while later ... So, all is functional here. "tcp.smtp.cdb"
> is updated ..
>
> But it seems that qmail ONLY looks into it´s "rcpthosts" file and
> NOT into the tcp.smtp.cdb ...
>
> My qmail-smtpd startup is like
>
> exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 8000000 \
> /usr/bin/tcpserver -c512 -H -R -v -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
> -u $QMAILDUID -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp \
> rblsmtpd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1
>
> And as i said, all "seems" to work fine.
> The tcp.smtp.cdb file is been regenerated when i authenticated
> via pop and also the clearopensmtp works (removal of the IPs).

how did you configure your vpopmail ?
by default vpopmail updates ~vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb and not
/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb

> I use mysql so i can see the ips "twice", first in the mysql tabe
> and second in the tcp.smtp.cdb.
>
> i chmodded tcp.smtp* to 777, too but it is still not working.
>
> Help needed because now my machine is open for relay...
>
> Why does my qmail seems not to be reading the tcp.smtp.cdb ?!
> Any path setting missing or shall i symlink something ?

did you try -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb  instead of -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb (i'm not sure
this will change anything.. just a shot into the dark)

--
Mit internetten Grüßen / Best Regards
Justin Heesemann                                        ionium Technologies