From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 3:55 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] path / tcp-smtp / relay

Hello List,

I installed qmail and vpopmail and my relaying does not work
correctly.

When i get mails via POP, my "tcp.smtp.cdb" file is been
regenerated and is containing the correct IPs. The IPs wich
shall be open for relay until clearopensmtp removes the entries
a while later ... So, all is functional here. "tcp.smtp.cdb"
is updated ..

But it seems that qmail ONLY looks into it´s "rcpthosts" file and
NOT into the tcp.smtp.cdb ...

My qmail-smtpd startup is like

exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 8000000 \
/usr/bin/tcpserver -c512 -H -R -v -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
-u $QMAILDUID -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp \
rblsmtpd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1

And as i said, all "seems" to work fine.
The tcp.smtp.cdb file is been regenerated when i authenticated
via pop and also the clearopensmtp works (removal of the IPs).

I use mysql so i can see the ips "twice", first in the mysql tabe
and second in the tcp.smtp.cdb.

i chmodded tcp.smtp* to 777, too but it is still not working.

Help needed because now my machine is open for relay...

Why does my qmail seems not to be reading the tcp.smtp.cdb ?!
Any path setting missing or shall i symlink something ?

When i chmod the tcp.smtp.cdb file that only root can read it,
i get no errormessage in the qmail-smtp log. so there must be
something wrong, or not ?

Holger

---