I was going to say "check the archives" but they seem to be broken...???

A 5.4 stable release was just discussed at the beginning of this month.  I
don't know where you get "March" from, either, as 5.3.20 devel was released
4/10/2003 according to the Inter7 devel web site.  I've been running 5.3.20
for several weeks on a cluster with good success, so it is likely quite
deployable and probably not too far off from the 5.4 stable release.