Robin Szemeti wrote:

err ... because we aren't using courier-imap or courier-pop?

we are using tcpserver and qmail-pop3d, authenticating against vchkpw. as described in the vpopmail INSTALL file.

if courier-pop will do it for us, (authenticating system users agaisnt /etc/userdb and virtual domains against vchkpw ) then thats what we'll do ...

I thought courier-pop used a cdb database thing, /etc/userdb is a gd database ... shrug .. I'll go and check out this 'courier-pop' thing then.

Courier-imap, which does IMAP and POP3, authenticates using a variety of methods. It can use your vchkpw or it can use userdb - you build and configure it for whatever auth module you need.

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer