hi,Jens:

> > Error: No such object
> > matched DN: "ou=people,dc=koal,dc=com"
> > -ERR authorization  failed
>
> This is a querry to user: "ou=people,dc=koal,dc=com"
> But as you now know this your Basedn and not a valid user.

i know what you mean is that the query is executed by the "ou=people,dc=koal,dc=com" ,while it should be the "uid=xxxx, ou=test.com,ou=people,dc=koal,dc=com" ?   if so, how i can control which  type dn  query is executed?

and i remember that in the README.ldap in vpopmail, it tell me that modify slapd.conf  like:
suffix      "o=vpop"
rootdn      "cn=Manager, o=vpop"
is it necessary?  if i use this default settings for my slapd.conf, what's the influence?

and i think the dn that i have in my openldap now seems a little strange:  "uid=test, ou=test.com, ou=people, dc=koal, dc=com" ,
maybe the dn like this " uid=test, ou=people, dc=koal, dc=com" or "uid=test, dc=koal, dc=com"  seems more common.  but if we set up the basedn" dc=koal,dc=com",  and add the virtual domain through vadddomain and add user through vadduser,  then the dn like this "uid=test, ou=test.com, ou=people, dc=koal, dc=com" is unavoidable,  is there any way to avoid this ?  i am not familiar with ldap ,  :-(,  thank you for your help.

2. add user through qmailadmin ,it always report:  Email Account [EMAIL PROTECTED] (test1) could not be added, but this user actually has been added ,and its entry in ldap has also been added.
  i have recomiled the qmailadmin, and upgrade my qmailadmin-1.0.6 to 1.0.20, but this strange situation remains..........

  BTW:  if i modify the core.schema,  error like below occurs when start slapd:
    /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 381: AttributeType not found: "mail"