<mailto:ben%20at%20dinointernet.com?subject=Vpopmail%20won%27t%20Authenticate>Ben Watson wrote:
Greetings All!
I have just setup qmail, vpopmail, sqwebmail, and all seems ok, except I cannot authenticate through POP. I have triple checked all settings, and am clueless.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Mail is being delivered to users mailboxes and everything, but they can't login. Also, it breaks my non-virtual host logins, so I'm using a multiple password checking feature for that to even work.

http://andreas.hanssen.name/software/multichkpwds.c

Thanks for any help! Walt

-~

A "pattern of reaction" is the sum total of the ways we act in
response to events, to words and to symbols...in their more
obvious forms we call them prejudices.
S.I. Hayakawa