Hello List,

I am getting the exact same problem as Jon was a few days ago. I can login to the mysql database using the exact same login information that I provided with vmysql.h
The thing is, I created a user called 'mail' but the apache error logs are still showing vpopmail trying to connect. so it seems that there is some kind of problem with the compile...

#define MYSQL_UPDATE_SERVER "localhost"
#define MYSQL_UPDATE_USER   "mail"
#define MYSQL_UPDATE_PASSWD "pass"

#define MYSQL_READ_SERVER   "localhost"
#define MYSQL_READ_USER     "mail"
#define MYSQL_READ_PASSWD   "pass"

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/vpopmail-5.2.1# mysql -u mail -p vpopmail
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 28 to server version: 4.0.13-standard-log
mysql> show tables;
+--------------------+
| Tables_in_vpopmail |
+--------------------+
| relay              |
+--------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql> quit;

So, something obviously partially worked if data started to get entered into the db...

Am I doing anything glaringly wrong?
I have reloaded mysql, i've even rebooted a few times since the mysql user was set up.

TIA

Darcy

could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) with database
could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

Jon