On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Chris Shenton wrote:

> The machine was recently rebooted and vpopmail's POP now crashes upon
> successful authentication (names changed for privacy, sorry):

Two quick thoughts:

-When you say it was rebooted, was that on purpose, or something went awry
with the machine?  If the latter, was there any filesystem damage?
-What might have changed in your startup scripts from the last time the
box was booted?

The only difference here is you fail when going through tcpserver, but
succeed on the cli.  Look at what may be different in those two
environments...  Do other programs that use the vpopmail libs function
properly?

Just some random thoughts...

Charles