On Friday, September 19, 2003, at 12:25 AM, Brad Dameron wrote:
From: "Jeremy Kitchen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
at the time I didn't realize there was a sourceforge project for
autorespond, I thought we were maintaining that package.  check
http://qmailadmin.sf.net and post your patch/bug report there :)

This is the first time I have heard of it being on sourceforge as well. Was
anyone asked about this?

That's me, overreaching my bounds again.

Oden Eriksson had built a 2.0.4 release that included the security fix. The inter7.com site still had 2.0.2 up, and I wanted to make some changes to the exit codes so I could safely use it on a recent trip (hiking in the Grand Canyon).

I jumped to the conclusion that Inter7 wasn't actively maintaining it and I decided to add it to the qmailadmin project on SourceForge. I also put it in CVS there. I altered it heavily to suit the needs of a vacation responder.

While hiking, I had a lot of time to think, and came to many of the conclusions that Jeremy did on the vchkpw list while I was away. That we essentially need two different programs -- one to act as an autoresponder for mail robots, and one to act as a vacation responder for POP/IMAP mailboxes.

It could easily be the same program with different command-line options.

If Inter7 is maintaining it, I can drop it from the QmailAdmin project. Or, you could set it up on SF as it's own project. Or, we can leave it there. I don't really care.

I would like to see someone else spend some time working on it so I can trust it with my email account. Jeremy, I've added you to the QmailAdmin SF project so you can access the CVS repository. If you want, you can start from the original upload (2.0.4) and ignore all of my changes, and submit your changes to the repository.

If it's going to continue to be a part of the QmailAdmin project, I'll add Brad as well.

--
Tom Collins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]