Hi,

I am trying to get vpopmail and procmail to work together on a domain-wide level with spambnc. Because I want to use this spambnc package (and its required IMAP directories for each user) I do not want to go rewrite all of the spambnc rules, every time a new version is released. I believe I have found several ways to accomplish this on a per-user basis but as I mentioned, I want all users in the domain to have the same setup. I have read *ALL* of the available info on the Internet and have found some top-posted and otherwise really screwed up and out of sequence threads on this matter that claim to have this solved but they don't adequately cover everything all in one place.

To accomplish this I would have to be able to obtain the following variables $DOMAIN and $USER according to the vpopmail user who just authenticated. Is this possible? If I can figure that out, I will be home free.

In procmailrc I would need something like:

HOME=/home/vpopmail/domains/$DOMAIN/$USER/
and of course
MAILDIR=${HOME}/Maildir/

DOMAIN= ?some vpopmail variable?
USER=?some vpopmail variable?

In .qmail-default I have (all on one line)
|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/local/bin/procmail -m /usr/local/etc/procmailrc | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

I am sure I am leaving out some details but the basic problem is procmail thinks that /home/vpopmail/Maildir is where I want to deliver mail because it is the "user" in this case.

Rick