::All I want to do is invoke maildrop from .qmail-default for some
::domains, and
::have maildrop read the users homedirs from the mysql db.
::
::Apparantly, it doesn't work. I tried virtually everything. I
::added the -V 9
::option to maildrop for debugging, and it always says:

Just a stab in the dark... but what shell do you have for the user vpopmail?
is it a valid shell or something like /bin/nologin?

Try using a valid shell for the vpopmail user. maildrop doesn't run setuid
so it must be run under the shell of the executing user. At least that is
what I encountered when trying to run maildrop from user level dot-qmail
files.

HTH,

Tom Walsh
Network Administrator