I have a new qmail+vpopmail install using mysql as the backend for virtual users. I
have compiled vpopmail 5.3.24 with --enable-learn-passwd=y, yet when adding a virtual
user with the command, vadduser -n <emailaddress>, the user is not allowed to login to
the pop server. I get the error in the mysql vlog table that the user does not have a
passwd set.

As a side note, this is now a clean re-compile of vpopmail, prior to this, no error or
log entry would appear in the vlog table if the user had no password set, but user
that were added with a password would authenticate fine, and appear in the log table.
I have setup systems very similar in configuration a number of times, and do not
remember fighting this issue. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Justin Workman
WORJUS Consulting
801.979.6259

---