Michael Bowe writes:

> As far as I know, Courier-IMAP uses it's own functions to auth the
> password,

Yes and no.  Courier-IMAP and the Courier POP3 server do have their
own authentication routines which are effectively wrappers calling
whatever authentication method you actually use.  So if you tell Courier
to use vchkpw authentication than it does end up using the vpopmail
stuff.

> therefore the vpopmail's learn password functionality will not be
> available

I haven't examined the vpopmail authentication code in detail, but I would
guess that it gets handed a username and password, if it is not in
learning mode then it does a standard validation, if it is in learning
mode then it sets the password and returns that the login was valid.  If
it does work that way then it should be transparent to Courier.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support