Roze writes:

> The idea is such: There is an existing user database which I have to move
> to a mailsystem (qmail + vpopmail + mysql). All the passwords are
> encypted (no way to get plain-text) (with standart CRYPT) though there
> is also SALT provided which is 2 first symbols from username.

Just copy the crypted passwords over to the relevant field in the MySQL
database.  Vpopmail uses standard unix crypt calls.  The newer versions
of vpopmail will create MD5-crypted passwords instead of DES-crypted
passwords on systems that support it.  Either style of crypted password
works.

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support