It seems to me that when a users email account is created a "welcome message" should automatically be delivered to the account with key information like where to get support, etc.

I've hacked up vpopmail.c vadduser() in 5.3.30 to deliver a message contained in /home/vpopmail/etc/welcome.msg when an account is added. I based it on code in vpopbull.c.

Right now it's a hack, but if there's any interest in the patch I can clean it up. It would be cool if it could be included as a configure option --with-welcome-msg=...

-- Yermo

DTLink Software
FieldPost Business Email
Nuts and Bolts Interactive, Inc.