On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 14:14, Martin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> <URL:http://multivac.cwru.edu./qmail/#realrcptto>
>
> I have tried this on a basic qmail installation, and it works fine.
> Basically, it holds the SMTP open whilst it checks if the user or .qmail
> control files exists.  If not, it gives a:
> 550 sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
> and closes the SMTP connection.
>
> Looking at the vpopmail directories, I had a .qmail-default with the bounce no
> mailbox so I renamed this and created Two control files   .qmail-marrandy and
> .qmail-martin with delivery instructions for the Two users.  I get deliveries
> to these accounts but qmail/vpopmail still takes delivery of bogus usernames
> and then bounces them later.
>
> I am obviously missing something, but despite checking around, can't see why
> it isn't working.

that patch just checks to see if there's a .qmail file to handle the
delivery.  It doesn't actually attempt delivery at that time.
Therefore, vpopmail can't say "hey, that mailbox doesn't exist".

If you're running a vpopmail only machine, that patch is useless.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>