On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 14:15, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Bentamix wrote:
>
> > I would like to implement sha1 hashes support into vpopmail, I know that
> > qmail only support md5 or based crypt
>
> Depends on the OS.  I'm using Blowfish on FreeBSD, and the only thing I
> had to change was the max allowed characters in vpopmail.  The system's
> crypt() understands a wide range of crypt methods.
>
> I assume there may be a replacement crypt() for you system that can do all
> sorts of fancy things.  IMHO, this is easier than trying to hack all the
> needed crypto stuff into vpopmail.
I would just compile a list and put it into the configure stuff to turn
on or off carried with crypto. The other option is to use all of the
lovely crypto implementations available via openssl. Particularly since
openssl has a reputation for having very fast, very reliable ASM
implementations of some of their routines on several architectures. I
know SHA1 is implemented by OpenSSL, just not how fast it is.

> Charles
>
> > I need it because iplanet only store sha1 hashes password, and crypt on
> > way can't to convert..
> > anybody help me ??
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Rodrigo Pinheiro