Thanks for everyone's help.

I did end up going the source route, not just with vpopmail, but with courier imap as well. I'm fairly new to Debian, but their package system seems to work really nice, until you get into non-packaged software. I was hoping to setup a system where the "re-install" instructions were along the lines of dselect these packages, edit this file and go. However, with all the incosisencies and overall fustration, the tried and true source method is the way to go.

-John

Chris Pugh wrote:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I installed another version something like 6 months
ago, my problem was that I didn?t had the
libmysqlclient10-dev package installed.

Sounds familiar .. another can of worms .. ;-)

But I recommend you to install the new 5.4 stable
version too.

If'n you do this, it may be wise to 'apt-get remove'
the Debian versions of the software first.

Cheers,

Chris.

Regards,

Matias Lambert