Hello list,

I've noticed an abberrant behaviour from vpopmail illustrated below. Both are for the same user of domain tld.com. 'hostname' is the hostname of the machine.

Mar 9 08:12:02 hostname.tld.com: vpopmail set sender to [EMAIL PROTECTED] using -f Mar 9 09:29:54 hostname.tld.com: vpopmail set sender to_ [EMAIL PROTECTED] using -f

Some notes on the setup:

The main qmail install and SquirrelMail are running on separate systems. The system which hosts SquirrelMail has ~vpopmail and /var/qmail mounted via NFS so we can run vpopmail commands on both with no problem. Outgoing mail send via squirrelmail is submitted to sendmail (not the qmail substitute, the actual sendmail-submit setup on FreeBSD 4.9).

We've checked the Squirrelmail preferences for this user and there is no email address set, which should revert to their actual email of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Obviously the problem is that vpopmail sets the email address to a nonexistant domain. So if the hostname is the Squirrelmail server is squirrel, the email is set to [EMAIL PROTECTED] some times, and [EMAIL PROTECTED] other times.

There is no mention of 'hostname' under files in /var/qmail/control.

Has anyone seen this before? Any fixes/explanations for this behaviour?

I could possibly use qmail's sendmail, that might fix the issue, but I want to keep the queues separate.

Thanks for any hints.