On Wednesday 10 March 2004 2:09 am, Alessandro A. wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I need implementing a large scale mail server for multi-domain hosting. I'm
> consider using Qmail on FreeBSD. What's the best solution for scalability?
> 1. Qmail-ldap (qmail with ldap patch) + courier-imap
> 2. Qmail + Vpopmail compiled with ldap support + courier-imap
>
> What solution is more stable? I need scalability and stability...vpopmail
> is good with ldap support?
> If yes, what is the best version of Vpopmail I should use?

I would use an SQL backend, mysql, oracle, postgresql.
SQL engines are much better at transactions than ldap servers,
unless ldap is a frontend to a SQL engine.

For the price, you can't beat  a master mysql server replicating
to "read-only" copies on a set of frontend email machines talking
to a backend data store ( NFS or SAN ).

Ken Jones