On Mar 13, 2004, at 8:32 AM, Bernd wrote:
The testserver is running FreeBSD 5.2.1 with qmail, courier-imap, vpopmail, ldap, ... and performs really well. vpopmail writes the users into ldap as it should, the only problem is that I'd need the password in plaintext! If I don't use ldap, vpopmail stores the password in plaintext at the end of line in the password file, but as soon as I change to ldap it stores them MD5 encrypted. MD5 would be ok, as long as it stores the plaintext password next to the encrypted one.

I know almost nothing about LDAP, so forgive me if any of this doesn't make sense.

Make sure you compiled with the --enable-clearpasswd option (which is the default).

Make sure your LDAP table(?) has a field called "clearPassword".

And, make sure you're using vpopmail 5.4.0 or later (5.4.3 preferred). http://vpopmail.sf.net/

If that doesn't solve it, someone with more LDAP experience will have to help out.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]