Hello List,

On Sunday, March 14, 2004 at 4:57:06 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote (at least
in part):

>> > Mar 14 15:29:26 icebear vpopmail[3787]: vchkpw-pop3: vpopmail user not
>> > found web150p1@:217.233.6.196
>> [...]
>> > Have someone of you an idea how I can block these user or how I can
>> > add this IP temp. into iptables?
>>
>>  $> echo '217.233.6.196:deny' >>~vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp
>>  $> clearopensmtp
>>
>> Assuming your tcp.smtp file is located in ~vpopmail/etc.
>>
>> You'll not need to make an effort and configure IPTABLES, tcpserver is
>> able to reject the connection by itself (when told in .cdb file).

> Will I have a chance to fight against BruteForce-Attacks?

No. Not this way. You'll need a patch discussed not long ago which
logs the login attempts and reacts according to this data.
Have a look at the archive for further information. The subject of
corresponding thread was

"Heureka! Finished POP3-Frequency-Patch (against bruteforcing)"

initiated by

knom <knom19 at gmx.net>
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

Wealthy people are no happier than those of modest means.