Hello, I just installed qmail and I am having a problem, my server receives
email just fine, and I can get it off my server, but I keep getting a 553
host not in my rcpthosts, but I've added my ip subnet to my
/usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp file, but I still can't ssend email out.
I've looked at the relaying pages and all.  any ideas are greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advanced

Hi Juan,

Please remember to recompile your tcp.smtp.cdb database file by doing a
"tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp \ < /etc/tcp.smtp" after you
did a modifing on the file. The /etc/tcp.smtp* files have to be chmod 644
and have to belong to vpopmail.vchkpw
But when you get an "553 host not on rcpthosts" ... Then check out what you
find into your's /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
I've simply added my FQDN into that file. If something goes wrong with
your's tcp.smtp files, then you would receive a "XXX RELAYING denied" or
something.

Greetz JAN