Check your /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtp/run file and make sure that tcpserver is pointing to your vpopmail cdb rather than the default qmail cdb (i.e. tcpserver -x /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb).

Juan Hernandez wrote:
Hello, I just installed qmail and I am having a problem, my server receives email just fine, and I can get it off my server, but I keep getting a 553 host not in my rcpthosts, but I've added my ip subnet to my /usr/local/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp file, but I still can't ssend email out. I've looked at the relaying pages and all. any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced