At 06:12 PM 4/15/2004, you wrote:
On Apr 15, 2004, at 1:56 PM, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
in lieu of upgrading my vpopmail installation from 5.3.18 to current (because of the relatively steep number of backend changes done that will require a tedious migration effort), i'm curious just how tightly coupled the current qmailadmin is to the current vpopmail - that is, if i upgrade only qmailadmin, while leaving vpopmail alone, am i asking for even more headaches, or fewer?

From the QmailAdmin INSTALL file:

QmailAdmin 1.2.0 and later requires Vpopmail 5.4.0 or later.

Upgrading from 5.3.18 to 5.4.3 shouldn't result in a tedious migration effort. If you use MySQL, you'll need to create a file with the user/password settings (as opposed to editing vmysql.h). The "defaultdomain" has moved from a configure option to an external file.

There really aren't a lot of other changes that I can recall...

well, the potential show-stopper is the switch from aliases and forwarding to just forwarding in the new vpopmail. i use mysql, along with mysql valiases, so what happens to those 'embedded' aliases once i upgrade? automatically converted to properly functioning forwards? i suspect not.that's what makes it kind of a tough migration.

Paul Theodoropoulos http://www.anastrophe.com