Hi. I was setting up a system with qmail, vpopmail, courier-imap, etc. (a
lot similar to the qmailrocks.org setup, but on my own).

I had everything installed and working, and the courier part i got it from
the standard debian packages plus the authvchkpw module from qmailrocks.
Then i did an update on packages, and there were some changes that
rendered that module unusable.

I decided to get the courier source and recompile it to get that one, and
got to the relevant part:
gcc  -I/usr/include/vpopmail -lcrypt -Wall -I.. -I./..   -o authvchkpw
modauthvchkpw.o libauthmod.a libauth.a ../numlib/libnumlib.a ..
/md5/libmd5.a ../sha1/libsha1.a -L/usr/lib/vpopmail -lvpopmail -lm -lcrypt
/lib/libnsl.so.1: undefined reference to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[3]: *** [authvchkpw] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/tmp/courier-0.45.4/authlib'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/courier-0.45.4/authlib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/courier-0.45.4'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Notice the strange error message. I thought that this was because the
authvchkpw part of courier was left aside for too long by the debian
package maintainer or something, and got the source package from the
courier site, but the results were the same.

Have you seen this one before? any ideas, tips, stuff to try out or
something like that? diagnostics i could do? or is this a debian issue?