On Tuesday 27 April 2004 12:13 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I use vpopmail strictly for POP authentication on a particular server, and
> I'd like to make it so that a different SMTP server will read that POP
> server's open-smtp info *in addition* to its own to allow relaying.  I'd
> like to do this without using MySQL.

Bruce Guenter's relay-ctrl package (http://untroubled.org/relay-ctrl) is far
better suited for this style of setup, and is safe to use over NFS (I know,
I've done it) and doesn't require rebuilding a CDB for every authentication,
etc.

> Can/should this be done using NFS and starting tcpserver with more than
> one '-x (say -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb AND -x/mnt/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb) or is there
> a better way to get another .cdb from another host in there?

that's one way you could do it.  Or you could run a 1 minute cron job to rsync
the cdb file to the other servers, or a number of other things.  However, I
think you'll be much happier overall with relay-ctrl.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator