On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 April 2004 12:13 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I use vpopmail strictly for POP authentication on a particular server, and
> > I'd like to make it so that a different SMTP server will read that POP
> > server's open-smtp info *in addition* to its own to allow relaying.  I'd
> > like to do this without using MySQL.
>
> Bruce Guenter's relay-ctrl package (http://untroubled.org/relay-ctrl) is far
> better suited for this style of setup, and is safe to use over NFS (I know,
> I've done it) and doesn't require rebuilding a CDB for every authentication,
> etc.

Sounds like the trick, but will it also work with vchkpw?  I couldn't find
any indication on Bruce's site (and please don't make me join yet another
mailing list to get this one answer!).

One of my servers could do without vpopmail, since it's only using it for
pop auth, but the other has virtual users.

TIA!

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                           http://3.am