On Monday 07 June 2004 10:13 am, Martin Leduc wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to upgrade the Vpopmail software but something is not work
> correctly.  We used the MySQL AUTH Module.
> If I read from the UPGRADE documentation, I read:
> --- Upgrading to 5.4 from 5.3.x or 5.2.x is straight forward. ----
> We dont have enabled many-domain, so we have a problem.


> By default, the option enabled-many-domain is now enabled.

as it should be.

[snip confusing problem with simple workaround-ish solution]

I would *highly* recommend going into your old source directory (hopefully you 
kept it around) and use 'vconvert' to pull your existing data from mysql into 
vpasswd files.  Then, using the new binaries you have, use vconvert again to 
put the existing data back into the database in the structure it needs (I 
would highly recommend --enable-many-domains)

That's the easiest way out of this mess for you, and shouldn't take but a 
minute or two.  You don't even have to replace any binaries or anything, just 
run it where it stands.


Jeremy Kitchen ++ Systems Administrator ++ Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l
        kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail

Reply via email to