On Thursday 15 July 2004 02:48 pm, Eric Ziegast wrote:
> > maybe I'll just make conf-vpopmail be the path to vpopmail's home
> > directory and call it good.   T'would be nice to be able to auto-detect
> > it simply based on the user vpopmail was configured with (considering
> > there are probably far less vpopmail implementations that use another
> > user than vpopmail, than there
>
> There's no rule that says that the base vpopmail dir has to be the
> home dir of user vpopmail.  You could compile a "vconfig" program
> first in C and use that program later in your install process.

right, which is why it's better to just specify it in conf-vpopmail.  However,
I'm having trouble getting that value into a variable in a Makefile, so I'm
thinking that just setting it at the top and pointing documentation to change
it would be best.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l
        kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail