Iain,

Vpopmail install can't find the mysql header files.
Usually in /mysql/include/mysql for a standard
install.
( Could be elsewhere, sorry don't use Redhat. )

Either include them in your PATH, or copy the lot
to a directory that is in your path, say /usr/bin
Then the install should wizz through without a hitch.
HTH.

Incidentally, why are you using MySQL 3.23, since we
are now on 4.0.20?

Slange!

Chris.

PS Greetings from south of the border. ;-)