At 08:39 AM 9/9/2004, you wrote:
On Thursday 09 September 2004 11:20 am, Paul Theodoropoulos wrote:
> What, precisely, is gained by supporting postfix? i don't see the point.

Postfix is a MODERN sendmail replacement. Qmail is not. You don't need
to patch Postfix. Patches suck. :)

well, qmail isn't a ronco pocket fisherman either. that doesn't make it less than an excellent MTA.

patching? okay, you've got me there. doesn't bother me however. i've run qmail since 1997. works great. no security issues. why muck with what works. i despise sendmail and will do anything in my power not to deal with sendmail. so a 'modern sendmail replacement' doesn't exactly make me do cartwheels.

but i digress.

Paul Theodoropoulos
http://www.anastrophe.com
http://www.smileglobal.com