Andrew Niemantsverdriet wrote:

> I am doing a major upgrade to our mail server and I am looking for
> recommendations for programs and qmail patches to limit the amount of
> spam that gets through. What are you guys using that has great success?

SpamAssassin without a doubt. Depending on how much traffic you have I would not use any qmailqueu patch as I had seen ours use a lot of resources.

We process around 100k to 150k messages a day (inbound only). We use dot-qmail to call a script which runs SA with user specific prefs.

If you have a lot of traffic, I would look seriously at MailScanner. I run MailScanner on the gateway for SV scanning only but it does have hooks for SA.

DAve

--
Systems Administrator
http://www.tls.net