Hi,

most - if not all - of your requirements are met by my QMVC
(http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/qmvc.html).

At 14:14 22.09.04 -0500, you wrote:
>Two issues:
>1) Using qmail & vpopmail, what methods are available to log all inbound
>and outbound email PER VIRTUAL DOMAIN?

Inbound is trivial, outbound can be done via a 2nd Qmail instance.

>2) We also need a way to notify the recipient of an email that contained
>a virus that the infected email was destroyed, and that it came from
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject line of whatever it was.

QMVC allows per-domain specific filter/configuratoin profiles and message
templates.

>We have a law firm that wants to record all their communications in both
>directions. We are capturing inbound emails by appending
>&[EMAIL PROTECTED] to the end of everyones .qmail file.
>What's missing is a way to capture the outbound emails.
>
>Texas courts are currently in the process of requiring attorneys to use
>email to file and update their cases. They are using email as though it
>was a guaranteed delivery mechanism even though we all know it isn't.
>This pilot project is expected to go nationwide soon.
>
>When the courts send out an email containing a virus (they use Windows
>boxes), the normal thing for a receiving MTA's virus checker to do is
>silently throw that email away and not notify anyone. In this case
>however, that email has legal ramifications so that either we have to
>let the infected email pass thru the server, extract only the infected
>portion of the email leaving the rest intact (no idea how to do that),
>or throw it away but notify the recipient of what was done. The subject
>line of these emails contains a case number that could be used as follow
>up by the receiving clerk at the law firm.
>
>We currently use qscanq to call clamav for the heavy lifting, but that
>approach doesn't offer a way to notify anyone of what happened to an
>infected email - at least not any way I know of.

clamav is is natively support by QMVC.

>We'd like solutions that have per virtual domain granularity so other
>domains on the box don't have to do things the same way.

With QMVC you have

- per virtual-domain configuration,
- per virtual-domain processing + logging, archiving of logfiles,
- per virtual-domain analysis, QMVC html'ized logfiles can be make public.

>Suggestions?

See above.

regards.
--eh.

Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de/
Wiener Weg 8, 50858 Cologne | T: +49 221 484 4923 | F: ...24