From: Jeremy Kitchen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 7:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] suggestions on vpopmail forward

On Monday 27 September 2004 05:46 pm, Rick Macdougall wrote:
> > or perhaps:
> > |/home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' "$DEFAULT"@int.example.net
>
> If the forward program just forwards to that address regardless, then
> that would work too :)
>
> I made an assumption that the forward program read some sort of alias
> file and if the address listed was in there it forwarded to some place
> and defaulted to the other address if there was no alias for that
> address.  If that makes any sense at all.

You're thinking djb's fastforward package. [1]  The 'forward' program in
this
case is the one that is shipped with qmail, which has exactly the same
function as using a & delivery instruction, except that it takes its
forwarding address(es) on the command line, and can therefore be scripted.

fastforward could do what he wants, however, he'd have to maintain two sets
of
users.. and.. ugh.. it's just easier just to give this line a try:

> > |/home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' "$DEFAULT"@int.example.net

-Jeremy

[1] http://cr.yp.to/fastforward.html

--
Jeremy Kitchen ++ Systems Administrator ++ Inter7 Internet Technologies,
Inc.