On Thursday 02 December 2004 01:08 pm, Gilcio Grella wrote:
[snip: vpopmail hashes user directories after a certain number]

> Is that normal? I don't want that number folder inside
> my domain! I want always my users maildir in
> domain.com/ to be better managed. And always doing
> manual editing sucks a lot!

vpopmail does directory hashing because some filesystems (ext2/3, UFS without
DIR_HASH, etc) will slow to a crawl with large directories (the general rule
of thumb is about 1000 files in a directory is the breaking point)

You can disable this when building vpopmail by configuring it with the
--disable-users-big-dir flag.

Is this causing you any problems?  If not, then you should leave it how it is
for performance reasons.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]