I'm currently in the same situation and am looking for feedback in the
same area.

So far as I have planned it out, I have come up with this steps:

1) Create the domains using the vpopmail script
2) Create mailboxes through vpopmail script of all the mailboxes in
vmailmgr.   Once the mailboxes are created, replace the password
strings in vpopmail with the password strings (md5 or crypt) that were
in vmailmgr.  Then copy the contents of mailbox from vmailmgr to
vpopmail (understanding a little change in the directory structure).
3) Aliases ... can just use .qmail-<alias> when moving over.

This is the way I was thinking might work since I don't have a second
machine to put vpopmail on and then transfer everything that way.  If
anybody has any thoughts on problems/concerns/pointers I would greatly
appreciate it.

James