Actually I did...but then I found the problem. It was the user and group
of the .pem files. It looks as though when my corn job ran
update_tmprsadh, the script changes the user and group. That broke it, I
updated the script to make the user vpopmail.vchkpw and it's all good. I
tested it from about 5 different clients across 3 OS's and now it takes
about 5 seconds. MUCH BETTER...thanks for sending me down the right
path...