Tom Collins wrote:
On Jan 28, 2005, at 9:00 AM, Dave Goodrich wrote:

1) What is everyone else using?

#!/bin/sh QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail` NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail` MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming` DENYMAIL="DNSCHECK" export DENYMAIL LOCAL=`/usr/bin/head -1 /var/qmail/control/me` /usr/bin/spamd -a -c -d -F0 -u qmailq exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 6000000 \ /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R -l "$LOCAL" \ -x /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \ -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp \ /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \ /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true 2>&1

2) Some examples/patches show that a hostname is required in the run file for auth "http://www.enderunix.org/documents/eng/smtp-auth/"; and some do not "http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html#IMPLEMENTATION";. I would think this is not possible using vpopmail, as a hardcoded host would cause vchkpw to fail the lookup. Correct?

An older patch required it, but the current patch does not. The hardcoded host name was only used in generating the MD5 challenge, and could be any string of text. If you're using the patch from vpopmail's contrib directory, then you shouldn't have the hostname.

Excellent, thank you. If I understand correctly I will also need to do nothing to my current tcp.smtp file?

3) How does this effect users who do not supply auth info? Does qmail-smtpd fall back to using the RELAYCLIENT value from tcp.smtp.cdb?

Just as I feared, it is easy..........

DAve

-- Systems Administrator http://www.tls.net Get rid of Unwanted Emails...get TLS Spam Blocker!