At 08:23 PM 2/6/2005, you wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the frequency with which users pop in to check their email. We have a problem where hundreds of users are checking their email every minute and putting an excessive load on the server. We would like to refuse pop3 connections to a user unless ten minutes has passed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

it's not the solution you're looking for, but wouldn't it be better to send out a pop bulletin, asking customers to reduce the frequency with which they check for new mail? That's better than dealing with the tech support inquiries you'll get when customers start 'having trouble connecting to the pop server'.

just imho....

Paul Theodoropoulos http://www.anastrophe.com http://www.smileglobal.com