I'm currently using vpopmail version 5.4.6 (from FreeBSD ports) and
i'm curious about how vpopmail handles aliases while using mysql.  I
have build vpopmail with --enable-valias and
--enable-auth-module=mysql (using the USE_MYSQL and WITH_VALIAS
settings in ports for those FreeBSD people out there).  The problem
that I have run into is that I'm writing an application in c which
uses the vpopmail libraries, and if I use the valias_insert(alias,
domain, line) function that is provided, it creates a .qmail-alias
file instead of inserting it directly into the database.  I was
curious if this is how it's supposed to work even though mysql has
been specified or possibly in the new versions it places the
information in the valias table now.  I know I can just have my
program use the mysql database directly, I was just hoping to use the
vpopmail library as much as possible.

James Whitt