At 06:44 PM 2/17/2005, Charles Sprickman wrote:

Howdy,

Can anyone shed some light on this? I've got maildirsize files randomly flipping to root ownership. I'm a bit confused as to how this could happen - all delivery is done by vpopmail, and none of that stuff runs as root. That leaves courier-imap/pop, which do run as root.

So I posted to the courier list (asbestos on, check...) and Mr. Sam replied that this is a "known bug in vpopmail". Looking through the vpopmail archives I don't see any sign of this. I do see a few threads about size miscalculations, but that's an entirely different issue.

Any ideas?

[bottom posting to appease the text-formatting nazis]

i see that when i run vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED] as root, which is often how i run it....

Paul Theodoropoulos http://www.anastrophe.com http://www.smileglobal.com