Nick Harring wrote:

How about if a mailbox called SPAM exists, put it there, otherwise
just
drop it in the INBOX?

That sounds nice and clean. I like it.

Ken Jones

If you implement this, please do not remove the ability to simply have
the message tagged and then be able to pass it to procmail or maildrop.
I'd love to leverage built in spamassassin support, however if you're
going to force me into using a folder called spam, then it becomes
useless to me. I'm unconvinced this is logic which even remotely belongs in
vdelivermail, however obviously a lot of people are worried about the
supposed overhead of launching procmail and having to generate
procmailrc files.

Guilty, I have thousands of accounts, mostly commercial, and mail comes constantly 24 hours a day. While there are some nice programs out there to replace qmail-queue or to drop inside a dot qmail file, I really want to avoid running the perl interpreter (once sometimes twice) for each message. I can make better use of system resources elswhere.

If I understand what Ken is proposing correctly, you could make vpopmail without the spamassassin switch to return to the normal delivery method, continuing to call spamassassin/spamc/procmail/maildrop as before.

DAve

--
Dave Goodrich
Systems Administrator