On Mar 1, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Kurt Bigler wrote:
What I should have said was that my ps listing shows nothing that I
recognize as a vpopmail daemon. I didn't think vdelivermail was a daemon,
but that may be my ignorance of what a daemon is.

So you could clarify "vpopmail daemon"?

In the vpopmail 5.5 CVS tree, there is a new vpopmaild program. With vpopmaild running, it's possible for a PHP script to interact with the vpopmail library without having to run as the root or vpopmail user.

It is still under development, but will eventually roll into the stable releases of vpopmail, along with a PHP-based version of qmailadmin.

I have not been involved with vpopmaild or the PHP-qmailadmin, so other developers will have to answer any additional questions you might have.

--
Tom Collins - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
QmailAdmin: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/ Vpopmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/