having a problem with user pop authentication on new users or users
who's passwords were changed after the upgrade.  With 2 additional
characters added to the salt I am not able to login using pop3.

Upgrade 5.3.27 to 5.4.8
Redhat Enterprise 3
Mysql 3.23.58-1

./configure --enable-roaming-users --enable-logging=v --enable-log-
name=vpopmail --disable-ip-alias-domains --disable-passwd
--enable-clear-passwd --enable-domain-qoutas --enable-auth-module=mysql
--enable-auth-logging --enable-mysql-logging --disable-mysql-limits

I dumped the DB from the old server and created it on the new server.
Old (salt) users login fine but if I create a new user (vpopmail command
line) or Qmailadmin 1.2.3, or change the users password with either tool
I get login errors.

If I change the salt code in vpopmail.c back to the same code from
5.3.27 then everything works correctly.  Did I miss something in the
upgrade that should have changed the existing passwords to the new salt
format and thus allow authentication correctly?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron Culler