Jeremy,

this is a little off the main topic, but i was wondering ..

what does the -fPIC do? what causes this "issue" ? good buddy of mine wrote & updates a QMAIL Install script ... does it all for you, including courier-IMAP or Bincc ... and he was wondering whether or not he shoudl include the -fPIC command when his script compiles vpopmail - whether this command will bomb & cause errors on 32bit systems.

I will take the production server down in a little, and try to install vpopmail with fpic the way you suggested.

Thanks again,

--marco