hi marco

i will most def. try that tonight. however i can only test on the production machine, as all my other test machines are 32bit Intels.

I will let you know most def. ... should be another 2 hours or so till i can take it down again.

the last time i tried to install courier-authlib and vpopmail on a amd64 was in january (the mail you've found in the archive). i've tried it again some minutes ago on my production machine (as you can try more or less without disturbing the normal users) and i've run again in the same problems: 1. compiled vpopmail with -fPIC 2. compiled courier-authlib with -fPIC the compilation of both of them worked just fine

3. started the installed authdaemon...
already at the beginning i get the following:
12:30:54 pluto authdaemond: Installing libauthvchkpw
12:30:54 pluto authdaemond:
/usr/local/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond: Symbol `read' causes
overflow in R_X86_64_PC32 relocation
12:30:54 pluto authdaemond:
/usr/local/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond: Symbol
`__errno_location' causes overflow in R_X86_64_PC32 relocation
12:30:54 pluto authdaemond:
/usr/local/libexec/courier-authlib/authdaemond: Symbol
`__errno_location' causes overflow in R_X86_64_PC32 relocation
12:30:54 pluto authdaemond: Installation complete: authvchkpw

if i try then to login with e.g. sqwebmail (5.0.1 compiled with -fPIC
too) the authdaemon segfaults:
12:30:54 pluto kernel: authdaemond[966]: segfault at 00002aab004016b0
rip 00002aab004016b0 rsp 00007fffffffcde8 error 14

i have no idea if this would be a problem of authdaemon or of the
vpopmail libraries that the daemon uses? :-(

up to now i haven't heard of anybody that has had success with
courier-authlib & vpopmail on a amd64 architecture :-((

regards
 KoS